Required as soon as possible
- Assistant Director of Studies – EFL Programmes
Deadline for applications
- To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact Samantha Morrison: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities
- to plan, prepare and deliver lessons appropriate to the age, nationalities, levels and needs of the students in your classes; to differentiate appropriately and respond to the strengths and needs of all students
- to assist with non-teaching duties such as placement testing, as timetabled
- to set and mark homework
- to monitor student progress and write student reports as required; to provide feedback on achievement, progress and developmental needs to students, managers and agents as required
- to help students develop their study strategies to enable independent learning
- to attend meetings for planning, co-ordination and development purposes, as directed
- to complete all administration necessary for the smooth running of the school, and to meet legal requirements on attendance
- to engage in professional development as appropriate to the needs of the school and your own interests and level of qualification
- to maintain a professional demeanour at all times within the school, helping to create a positive working environment for both students and staff alike
- to adhere to all statutory regulations and to Kings policies and procedures
- Before starting work, all teachers will be asked to attend an induction session. Training will be provided as appropriate. Teachers also need to complete online compliance training modules in Safeguarding Children and Young People, the Prevent Duty, Online Safety, Fire Safety in Education, and Health & Safety in the Workplace.
- Competitive pay scale commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- have an excellent up-to-date knowledge of content, syllabus and assessment in their subject;
- promote a student-centred approach to learning at all times;
- deliver dynamic, innovative and effective lessons to the age and ability range of students; will recognise and demonstrate the values of the school;
- be committed to the effective teaching of language learners and have highly effective communication skills for dealing with international students;
- behave in a professional way and present a professional image at all times;
- manage communications and administrative tasks effectively and efficiently; be an excellent contributor and team worker;
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree
- CELTA (or equivalent)
- Native speaker competence in English
- Experience and knowledge of contemporary life and culture in the UK
- DELTA (or equivalent)
- IT literacy as the role involves Microsoft Office programs, Interactive Whiteboard software and other college systems for recording attendance, tracking progress and writing reports.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV to Samantha Morrison: email@example.com
Applications should be made: by 13th May 2022
Interviews will commence: As soon as application has been received and considered, therefore it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team