Managing the College and Student Services functions of the college
- Welfare Officer, Student Services, Activities Coordinator, Chef Manager, Estates Manager
- Full-time, permanent (37.5 hours per week)
- To apply for this position contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the College and Student Services functions of the college to include: Student Services Officers and Student Welfare; ensuring compliance at all times with legislation, government guidance and Kings policies and working towards customer service excellence and ‘outstanding’ ratings.
- Line manage the Student Services team so all staff know and understand their part in the implementation of Kings’ policies and the processes required to maintain compliance and achieve excellence.
- Line manage the Accommodation Manager to support maintenance of the Host Family SCR and student welfare in accommodation.
- Line manage the Activity Co-ordinator to ensure a diverse and inclusive programme of events is managed and delivered to all students.
- Line manage the Chef Manager to provide nutritious, enjoyable meals to budget.
- Line manage the Facilities Manager to ensure health & safety compliance.
- Work closely with key members of staff to deliver an effective and informative induction and registration process for all students.
- Ensure that college services operate smoothly, mindful of our aim to be ‘green’ in keeping with Kings Social Responsibility plan.
- Liaise with Safeguarding lead over compliance requirements; participate in the school safeguarding, health and safety, e-safety, crisis and critical incident and SMSC committees, contribute to cross school forums and deliver training for staff handling the emergency phone and Management of School SCR
- Participate in the preparation for college inspections including Ofsted and the British Council, working with the Principal and other department heads as appropriate.
- Assist the Principal in maintaining the School Development Plan and coordinating with other departments to ensure that the plan is delivered and regularly reviewed.
- Meet student survey results targets for your areas of responsibility.
- Act as coordinator for various school policies ensuring compliance and annual reviews take place.
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of establishing a college environment where students feel well looked after and staff are approachable.
- Experience of team management.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements relevant to a boarding school and the ability to transform regulations into effective working practices and efficient processes.
- Experience of safeguarding at a senior level, relevant record-keeping and channels of communication including external agencies.
The College Services Manager will need to be a versatile communicator, able to foster and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues and external agencies and suppliers. This person will be able to create an environment where students feel cared for and safe and where staff are approachable. We are looking for a caring, empathetic attitude, excellent organisational skills, the ability to multi-task, to stay calm in a crisis, personal authority, sound judgement and a sense of humour.
Essential attributes include:
- The ability to work collaboratively with other managers to fulfil objectives.
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and using databases.
- The ability to recognise changes in the regulatory framework and perceive their implications.
Essential qualifications include:
- Minimum level 5 Management qualification or above.
Desirable attributes include:
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Tact and diplomacy.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check (including photo ID check)
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (2 references required – comments on suitability to work with under 18s will be sought)
How to apply
To apply for this position or for further information, please contact: email@example.com
Thank you for your enquiry.
We'll be in touch soon.
The Kings Admissions Team