Support the teaching and learning activities of Kings Oxford's EFL campus.
- English Language Programmes Administrator
- Part-time, permanent (see below for details)
This role is part-time, working 3 days per week (Monday, Thursday and Friday). You will need to work full-time during the summer period (July until the third week of August) every year. Holiday cannot be taken during this summer period. There is also the opportunity for overtime at busy times of the year.
Annual Holiday Entitlement: You are entitled to 15 days plus bank holidays (FTE 25 days) of which up to 3 days (FTE 5 days) must be reserved for the Christmas closure period. You may be required to contribute to working hours during the Christmas closure period. Any time worked will be carried forward as holiday, to the following year.
To assist the English Language Programmes Administrator (ELPA) who is a key member of the Administrative Team and whose main function is to support the teaching and learning activities of the City Centre College sites. The Assistant to the ELPA and ELPA will work closely together and support the work of a number of other operational staff under the direction of the Director of Studies (DOS) who leads and manages the team.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with the DOS, teachers and students, managing the administration required to ensure the smooth running of the courses and compliance with rules regarding attendance, recording and reporting
- Some routine data-entry and clerical work
- Make judgements and use imagination in dealing with individuals and solving issues as they arise
- Assisting the efficient operation of Class, iSAMS & Classmate student database and management systems
- Close liaising with database managers to ensure there is a clear understanding and efficient operation of systems
The Assistant to the ELPA may well be expected to deal with enquiries from agents, parents and sponsors and will occasionally be the first point of contact for students with administrative, pastoral or welfare concerns. In many cases concerns can be dealt with on the spot; others may need to involve the ELPA/ DOS or even colleagues at St Joseph's campus (e.g. Accommodation Officer, Welfare Officer, Registrar, Bursar) to ensure students get the help and attention they need.
The Assistant to the ELPA will support the ELPA in developing existing practices in the monitoring and tracking of students and their personal welfare as well as designing, implementing and adapting new systems in line with Kings' policies, which may further assist improvements.
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Highly efficient administrator with excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office, databases etc.)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Applicants must as a prerequisite be temperamentally suited to working collaboratively as a member of a team and to being in constant contact with students
- They must have a warm and positive attitude towards young people from other countries and the skills necessary to work effectively and sensitively with them
- Have good attention to detail
- They must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to deal calmly with several things at once
- They must have the ability to work independently and at times use their own initiative to problem solve
- Can do, positive attitude, team player
- 5 GCSEs grade C and above
Desirable attributes include:
- CELTA or equivalent
- Ability to speak another language
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in an administration course
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will commence: Upon receipt and consideration of suitable candidate
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.