Plan excursions, enrichment and activities.
- Part-Time, 8 hours per week, flexible working hours
The Activity Planner will devise and facilitate a high quality extra-curricular activity programme for all the students at Kings Oxford.
This programme should provide frequent and regular activities across the age range, needs, interests and abilities of all students. Responsibilities include appropriate planning and booking of staff (to lead the activities where necessary), equipment and venues; to ensure all elements of Health and Safety, safeguarding, welfare and wellbeing of all students are met, including performing risk assessments. These programmes should work seamlessly together and the post holder should create printable and digital posters as well as promoting the programme daily online. The post holder will also provide details of the programme, as well as student feedback (including photographs) to the central marketing team.
During the summer school periods, this role will expand to include all the trips and activities required by the various courses. You will ensure that all activity programs offered run smoothly and that all international groups have a rewarding and memorable time while they are with us.
Energy, creativity and empathy are essential, along with a good work ethic and proven reliability. The post holder will be personable and approachable, with an authoritative yet diplomatic and friendly manner. They should have the ability to use their initiative, multi-task and prioritise, along with having a good attitude towards teamwork.
The post holder will need to be adaptable, think on their feet and to find solutions to the various issues that will inevitably arise. There is also need for swift and accurate administration of the trips and activities organised.
This is an exciting role which involves flexible working hours and potentially some evening and weekend work. This would suit an individual looking to predominantly work from home, with a flexible approach to work and who is willing to participate in the wider school community with creativity, enthusiasm and flair.
Duties and Responsibilities
Creation of a varied Activity/Trip programme, ensuring it includes activities suitable for all ages and interests – this will be produced on a termly basis in advance
- Ensure that all staffing, transport and venue/equipment needs are completed well in advance of each activity/trip
- Ensure all aspects of Health and Safety are met ensuring that Risk Assessments are completed, are current and up to date and associated paperwork is accessible to appropriate staff for each activity
- Ensuring appropriate supervision of students who are under 18 years old during any activity following the obligations set out by our Regulatory Bodies and Kings policies and procedures
- Ensure that relevant student data is available in advance, including emergency contact details and medical information to all Activity Leaders
- Maintain documentation such as student attendance (in liaison with Activity Leaders), receipts and cost spreadsheets, keeping these up to date and securely stored
- Active promotion of both programmes via social media, Classmate, posters, display screens and emails to staff and students
- Contribute to the Summer Programme by planning additional, bespoke activities and trips, following the usual Duties and Responsibilities
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Furthermore, as a member of the Kings Team you are expected to encourage integration, monitor student behaviour and to challenge, if necessary.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Creative activity planning
- Thorough administration skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong social media skills
- An understanding of, or willingness to learn, Health and Safety in a school activity setting
- A commitment to flexible working and a willingness to be involved in the school as a community
- Minimum GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above
Desirable attributes include:
- Strong IT skills including competence with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and various social media apps, as well as the various school databases (training will be provided as required)
- Additional language(s)
- A strong knowledge of the local area and everything it has to offer international students
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com
Interviews will commence upon receipt and consideration, therefore it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.