Accompany, lead and supervise students on excursions, enrichment and activities.
- Casual, mainly evenings and weekends but to include possible daytime trips/activities during the summer
As Activity Leader you are responsible to a senior manager. However, day to day you will report to the Activity Planner who is responsible for drawing up your work schedule.
Your main duties are to accompany, lead and supervise students on excursions, enrichment and activities.
These activities form part of the course programme for students studying various courses at Kings Oxford. They are chosen to give a balanced programme that will complement the students’ classroom studies, give them some insight into life in Britain and encourage them to mix socially with fellow students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading trips and activities, from pre-start/departure until post return
- Liaising with the Activity planner and/or senior manager with regard to administration of trips (such as tickets, equipment, registers etc)
- Supervising students who are under 18 years old during any activity following the obligations set by our regulatory bodies & Kings policies & procedures
- Ensure the highest level of safeguarding of students are managed and maintained at all times. Maintaining good order & discipline during activities with particular regard to bullying and anti-social behaviour
- Willingness and able to assist in the case of an emergency
- Encourage students to speak English at all times
- Keep an activity/trip log, of photos and memorable events and pass on to the Activity Planner so they are able to upload these photographs, videos and stories to social media sites as well as to the central marketing team
- Identify students who may be suitable for marketing interviews
- Ensure student attendance is taken for all activities/trips and secured appropriately, in line with GDPR regulations
- Gather regular feedback on programmes and activities from students and pass on to the Activity Planner
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Furthermore, as a member of the Kings Team you are expected to encourage integration, monitor student behaviour and to challenge, if necessary.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work as part of a busy team or autonomously
- Ability to lead/manage groups of students across the age range
- Confidence, enthusiasm and initiative
- Proven ability to work under pressure
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Over 18 years of age
- Approachable, friendly and able to build rapport with young people
- Strong communication with good public speaking and organisational skills
- Flexible, creative and adaptable
Desirable attributes include:
- First Aid qualification
- Sports coaching qualifications
- Experience working with young people in a language school
- A working knowledge of the local area including museums and colleges within Oxfordshire
- Previous experience of working with international students
- Good level of computer skills
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com
Interviews will commence upon receipt and consideration, therefore it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.