An instrumental role in dealing
with the day to day running of all Kings Oxford residences
- Maternity cover, fixed term contract
- Full-time 37.5 hours per week between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday.
- You will also be expected to work an additional three core weekends per year during the high summer season and the high Academic intake weekends.
- The Residence is open 24/7, 365 days per year, therefore residence staff are required to work during times when the school is closed including bank holidays, Christmas and New Year periods.
Deadline for applications
- To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
The Accommodation Supervisor role (AS) plays an instrumental role in dealing with the day to day running of all Kings Oxford residences. Responsibilities include the welfare, pastoral care and supervision of all students based at any of our residential sites, covering core administration duties within the accommodation department.
As a registered boarding school with the Department for Education, the AS will work in line with National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools, Ofsted’s Common Assessment Framework and Standards for Inspection of Boarding and Residential Schools. Our residential sites are located around the Oxford City area and Kings accommodate both English language and Academic students, on both short- and long-term stays.
The AS is key in creating a safe, welcoming and secure environment in which our students can flourish, improve their English, make progress in their studies and develop their independence and understanding of living in an international community. A vital part of the AS is promoting and safeguarding the welfare and wellbeing of all Kings’ students living in any Kings Oxford accommodation.
The AS shares the responsibility of supervising all Residential staff with the Accommodation Manager (AM) and reports to the Accommodation Manager (AM). The AS will also work closely with all other core services including Welfare, Academic, EFL and Senior staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities
Deal with the day to day running of the Kings Oxford Residential sites and will cover the following areas:
- Provide the highest level of pastoral care to all residential students and work with the Accommodation Manager, Houseparent and Deputy Houseparent and Welfare Officers on student welfare.
- Ensure supervision for under 18-year-old students is in accordance with Kings Policies and meet Child Protection and safeguarding statutory requirements
- Monitor and maintain good order and discipline with particular regard to bullying, anti-social behaviour and discipline policies. Enforce discipline through the residence sanctions ladder and rewarding through the merit scheme
- Supervise residents during working hours, having regular contact and interaction with them
- Be responsible for covering attendance checks and reporting all absences, following the Kings Attendance Policy, monitoring and caring for students who are unwell
- Support the promotion the school’s activities and social programme.
- Maintain and store correctly all residential and homestay documentation and ensure all competent internal and external checks are completed fulfilling all aspects of compliance and health and safety, communicating to the appropriate staff when required.
- Ensure the required supervision cover is in place within all residential sites; maintain the rota, covering absences and holidays
- Maintain safety and security of the residence buildings by reviewing CCTV, carry out regular patrols and ensure all visitors are signed in/out
- Work with the accommodation team in maintaining homestay compliance and the homestay SCR, including the completion of regular homestay visits
- Arranging student arrivals, departures and delivering comprehensive inductions
- Support and have a system in place for providing key required information into the termly review
Accommodation (when residence based):
- Complete time specific reports regarding homestay and residence.
- Complete regular checks to ensure the building is in a good state of repair, action any findings within a reasonable period
- Liaise with cleaning staff to maintain a clean-living environment. Ensure regular and deep cleaning occurs as agreed. Ensure all empty rooms are clean and ready for new student arrivals
- Manage room bookings and allocations for homestay and residences.
- Liaise with agents, students, host families and core staff regarding booking/allocation confirmations, changes etc.
- Contribute to Kings Performance Management (PM) scheme
- Manage the House/Deputy Houseparent with PM’s when the Accommodation Manager is absent, ensuring all aspects of their PM are effectively carried out
- You may be required to cover duties not listed within this job description
- Leading on the completion of the host family run, storing of all supporting documentation and communicating with the Finance Accounting manager of the processing of the weekly payment.
- Be the first point of contact for incoming enquires via telephone and direct student contact enquires. Interact with students on a daily basis; ensuring their needs are met and dealing with all enquires directly or through the use of the triage system. This will include such things as assisting with police registrations, opening bank accounts and Biometric permits, credit control, taking payments, booking changes, location enquires and issuing of post and parcels etc.
- For Visitors and Contractors visits following policy for signing them in and out and the monitoring of them. Ensuring all visitors have the warmest welcome to Kings at all times.
- Ensure the day to day running of reception is efficient and timely to include: photocopier maintenance, distribution of mail, franking and collection of post, keeping stationery orders within budget, photocopiers are filled with paper and shredding machine is checked and emptied, take payments, assisting access to the library.
- Covering the responsibilities of a keyholder with the opening and closing of the school sites.
Fire marshal/ first aider- covering the necessary duties to support these responsibilities.
Emergency on Call: Kings Oxford offers a 24-hour emergency facility to our students and cover is required during all periods of closure including bank holidays, Easter and the Christmas period. You will be required to be on the emergency on call weekday and weekend rota. The number of emergency on call periods you must contribute to will depend on the number of staff on this rota. Responsibilities are defined within the emergency on call job description as well as rates of pay, full training will be provided.
- Demonstrably good administrative skills
- Evidence of good communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Experience of operating information systems and producing information reports
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Supervisory experience
- Good understanding of customer service
- Ability to problem solve
- Flexible, trustworthy, reliable, honest
- Ability to deal sensitively and sympathetically with colleagues and students in an international environment
- Responds quickly and calmly in order to deal with difficult situations
- Excellent communicator, with a calm and friendly manner
- Previous experience within education
- Previous experience with an accommodation setting
- A good understanding of safeguarding and pastoral care
- Leadership and Management course at level 2 or relevant management experience
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made by: As soon as possible
Interviews will commence: Upon receipt and consideration of application, therefore it is in your interest to apply as soon as possible.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.