Responsible for the operations and administration
of the Accommodation Office
- Full-time (37.5 hours), permanent
- To apply for this position or to request further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Accommodation Officer/ Compliance will have responsibility for the day-to-day operations and administration of the Accommodation Office. They will support the Accommodation team in various areas including general administration tasks and will be responsible for homestay recruitment, compliance, placements and any duties assigned by the Accommodation Manager ensuring compliance with Ofsted and British Council regulations.
Kings London is a busy college for international students. Student accommodation consists of local family homestays, student houses and apartments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advertise and recruit adequate host families to host all our students in line with Ofsted and British Council compliance procedures
- Visit prospective host families upon completion of application pack and supporting compliance documents. Inspect the property and add full description to the Class database host family profile, including all compliance data, and send rejection/ acceptance notices and packs etc.
- Conduct annual and bi-annual host visits ensuring the database is updated Accommodation Officer; update the Class database
- Run database reports to ensure host families are compliant with Ofsted and British Council regulations, including: DBS certificates, gas safety certificates, fire safety risk assessments, references etc.
- Work with Welfare Officer to organise host family training in safeguarding, Prevent Duty, e-safety and any other training that may be required.
- Regularly update hosts with any new compliance procedures implemented by the college
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all host families – providing them with updates and making them feel engaged with the school
- Communicate and liaise with hosts, agents and students resolving matters as they arise
- Liaise with Student Services, Bursar or relevant colleagues and resolve any issues that arise
- Managing of budgets and homestay cost
- Deal and resolve complaints from students, host, agents as required, keeping accurate record of events
- Student placements, moves, extensions, holidays and transfers, ensuring these are done in a timely manner
- Be a part of the emergency phone rota
- Support the rest of the accommodation team in their areas when required occasionally
- Be cover for the accommodation manager when required
- Maintain excellent communication with the accommodation manager and provide report/ update when required
- Ensure that discretion and confidentiality are maintained within the department at all times
- Undertake various admin and adhoc task
Occasionally staff will be required to work extra hours in order to complete workload during the high season.
Kings is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
- Minimum two years Administrative experience, ideally homestay recruitment
- Experience in using Microsoft Office systems such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in using bespoke computer systems and databases
- Experience working within a customer-based role, facing clients and agents
- Able to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, organised and customer focused
- Highly responsible and approachable
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, and be able to work under pressure
- Able to liaise well with other departments, and excellent problem solving skills
- 5 GCSEs grades A* – C or equivalent
Desirable attributes include
- Experience with working within a school or college environment
- Knowledge of Ofsted and British Council compliance procedures
- Experience with working with international students
- Experience or knowledge of working within governmental procedures and policies
- Experience with accommodation or residential roles, including knowledge of local area and local government guidelines
- A good understanding of Data Protection
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact: email@example.com.
Applications should be made by: 16 October 2019
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check (including photo ID check)
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (two references required — comments on suitability to work with under 18s will be sought)
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.