Academic Administrator at Kings Brighton
Deadline for applications
- To apply for this position contact: email@example.com
The role is crucial in providing efficient academic administration for the whole college and all academic students in Kings Brighton (timetabling, term reports, progress reports, attendance monitoring).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain student academic records: to include language level, progress tests, predicted and final grades, university offers and destination
- Assist exams officer with Exam cycles (particularly invigilation)
- Undertake basic HR functions including elements of safer recruitment for new staff and maintain staff files
- Monitor and record student attendance
- Collate information and produce reports and data for Quarterly Reviews
- Ensure that Mark books are set up and maintained for teachers to use for all subjects
- Organise the termly report schedules, distribute reports templates and grade descriptors, collate reports and send to agents and parents
- Coordinate use of classrooms, furniture and equipment.
- Maintain and update notice boards.
- Correspond with agents and parents of post arrival students, providing information and updates as required.
- Log student sanctions and merits, communicating to Parents and colleagues when necessary.
- Assist Principal in monthly paid academic teachers’ pay claims each month
- Help to set up and maintain the timetable
- Ensure that Registration Dates and Times, academic year info are all set up on iSAMS for the whole college (including EFL)
- Assist with keeping in touch with, and organising visits from universities
- Taking notes at staff meetings
- Conduct and collate the termly surveys for academic students in liaison with Exams Officer
- Organise the Tracking document
- Keep coursebooks updated
The responsibilities and duties set out here are not exhaustive and are likely to change over time with the development of the college and increasing experience of the post holder.
Kings Colleges is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be comfortable working as a member of a team and with teachers and students. They must have a warm and positive attitude towards young people from other countries and the inter-personal skills necessary to work with them. They must be administratively highly efficient with a high degree of competence in the use of standard IT resources. They must have excellent (native-speaker level) written and spoken communication skills in English.
Strong candidates for this post need to be efficient administrators and imaginative problem-solvers with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work with a range of people calmly and with good humour. They must be warm and positive towards young people from other countries and have great inter-personal skills. They must be administratively highly efficient with a high degree of competence in the use of standard IT resources.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- A good working knowledge of the International Education Industry
- Experience in timetabling, use of school information management systems is strongly desirable
- Excellent administrative skills and proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point
- A native English speaker or have a near native level of English speaking and writing skills
- An understanding of child safeguarding procedures
- Ability to work alone and within a team environment
- An outgoing and sociable character – you will be required to engage with young people
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to cope with changing priorities
- A positive ‘can do’ approach to work
- Demonstrates high level of professional conduct
- Demonstrates respect for equal opportunities and respect for race and diversity
- The ability to work at speed and still maintain accuracy and attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills
Desirable attributes include:
- Knowledge of timetabling software
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made by: As soon as possible
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.