One-year maternity cover for
Academic Administrator at Kings Brighton
- Full-time, 1-year maternity cover
Deadline for applications
- To apply for this position contact: email@example.com
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain student academic records: to include language level, progress tests, predicted and final grades, university offers and destinations.
- Maintain and distribute staff/student address/phone lists.
- Maintain and distribute class lists.
- Monitor and record student attendance
- Collate information and produce reports and data for Quarterly Reviews.
- Assist the Director of Academic Programmes and the Head of English with report schedule, distribute reports templates and grade descriptors, collate reports and send to agents and parents.
- Coordinate use of rooms, furniture and equipment.
- Maintain and update notice boards.
- Prepare paperwork for the Foundation programme Quality Assurance meetings.
- Collate and distribute exams and coursework assignments for marking and double marking.
- Correspond with agents and parents, providing information and updates as required.
- Log student sanctions and merits, communicating to Parents and colleagues when necessary.
- Meet regularly with welfare and accommodation staff to discuss students’ wellbeing and progress
- Meet prospective students and parents; show them round the college; discuss possible course options.
- Liaise with the Bursar in processing pay for academic teachers.
- Help to set up the timetable.
- Work with the Learning Resources Manager in order to ensure staff and students have adequate resources.
- Assist with testing and inducting new students.
The responsibilities and duties set out here are not exhaustive and are likely to change over time with the development of the college and increasing experience of the post holder.
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be comfortable working as a member of a team and with teachers and students. They must have a warm and positive attitude towards young people from other countries and the inter-personal skills necessary to work with them.
They must be administratively highly efficient with a high degree of competence in the use of standard IT resources.
They must have excellent (native-speaker level) written and spoken communication skills.
Strong candidates for this post are likely to be efficient administrators and imaginative problem-solvers with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work with a range of people calmly and with good humour.
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made by: As soon as possible
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.