As a registered boarding school with the Department for Education, the Academic Administrator will work in line with National Minimum Standards for Boarding Schools, Ofsted’s Common Assessment Framework and Standards for Inspection of Boarding and Residential Schools. Kings accommodate both English language and academic students, on both short and long-term stays.
The Academic Administrator reports, in the first instance, to the Academic Administration Manager. The Academic Administrator will also work closely and support the Director of Academic Operations, the Director for Studies, the Director for Students, Heads of Department (HOD’s) and core Administration staff.
Having the ability to work autonomously, prioritise and complete tasks within a given timeframe, ensuring the highest of accuracy is maintained, is an essential skill needed for this role.
- Academic Administration Manager
Deadline for applications
- To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in line with the Kings Admissions Register and Attendance Policy being the Attendance Coordinator for the Academic Department. Meeting all requirements listed, including the completion and monitoring of daily attendance
- Oversee class attendance recording by teachers and recording of student absences on iSAMS, producing weekly attendance reports
- Collate attendance, de-merit and merit information for distribution
- Responsible for the recording of UCAS information in iSAMS throughout the academic year
- Oversee the disciplinary ladder and detentions and ensure this information is up to date in iSAMS
- Take notes at Briefing meetings
- Responsible for the collation of information for the Kings Oxford Quarterly Review, with particular responsibility for the attendance and disciplinary information for the main Quarterly Review spreadsheet and the attendance and IELTS information for the Dashboard
- Oversee the progress reports throughout the year, with particular responsibility for checking completion and wording of the reports and distributing them to agents and parents when finished
- Ensure all new students complete a Contacts Form
- Oversee the completion of the SI-UK forms
- Oversee the uploading of the IELTS TRFs on iSAMS, distribute the TRFs to students and inform the relevant academic staff when new results arrive
- Record all Maths and English induction test scores in September and January and enter these marks in to iSAMS
- Provide the Academic Directors with the documents they need for the induction process in September and January
- Assist the Academic Administration Manager, as necessary, with the Advanced Level Foundation Course assessments and the documentation required for the Panel meetings (four per year)
- Assist the Academic Administration Manager with the setting up of the Academic Database (iSAMS) at the start of the academic year and update throughout the year. Tasks include inputting timetables, progress reports, alumni information and general student record maintenance (including records on CLASS)
- General support including assisting and supporting other academic staff
- Attend and contribute to meetings when necessary, taking minutes when the AAM is not available
- Interaction and communication with students and teachers
- All other duties as reasonably requested
- Additional, reasonable hours may be required to complete tasks at key points of the Academic year
- Assist with reception cover as and when required
- Engage in own CPD
Kings Oxford offers a 24-hour emergency facility to our students and cover is required during all periods of closure including bank holidays, Easter and the Christmas period. You will be required to be on the emergency on call weekday and weekend rota. The number of emergency on call periods you must contribute to will depend on the number of staff on this rota. Responsibilities are defined within the emergency on call job description as well as rates of pay. Full training will be provided.
You are required to be a fire marshal whilst working at the St Josephs Campus and you must be comfortable with the responsibility this entails. Full training will be provided.
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Be a highly efficient administrator with excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office, databases etc.)
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and complete tasks within a given time frame
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Polite, patient, friendly and enthusiastic with a flexible approach to work
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to explain clearly
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong team player
- Acts in a professional manner at all times
- Experience working in a similar setting
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV to email@example.com
Applications should be made: As soon as possible
Interviews will commence: 5th June 2023
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.