1. About us and your data
- Kings Education is a specialist international education group providing pre-university academic programmes and English language courses for students from over 80 countries worldwide.
- This privacy notice is to inform you about how we use your personal data. It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
2. The personal data we hold, purposes and lawful bases
|The data or type of data we process||The purpose of processing that data||The lawful bases for processing this data|
|Names, address, email addresses, phone numbers||To communicate with you about students you have sent to Kings; to ensure you have up-to-date information so you can provide accurate information to potential students||Fulfilment of a contract with you|
|Bank account details||To process commission payments||Fulfilment of a contract with you|
|Joining information, references||To register your agency with Kings||Necessary for our legitimate shared interests|
|Details of students you have sent to us||To administer our business, to manage agreed recruitment targets||Fulfilment of a contract with you|
|Images||For marketing our services||Where you have given us consent|
|CCTV footage||For security management if you have visited our schools||Compliance with a legal obligation|
|Financial details, bank account information, commission agreements, payment records||To administer our business, to make commission payments||Fulfilment of a contract with you|
We may also process information about you that falls into "special categories" of more sensitive personal data. This includes information about (where applicable):
• Nationality, race, ethnicity
3. Collecting personal data
- Most of the information we collect from you is required as part of your contract with us. However, there is some information that you can choose whether, or not, to provide to us.
- Whenever we seek to collect information from you, we make it clear whether you must provide this information (and if so, what the possible consequences are of not complying), or whether you have a choice.
- Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
4. When do we share personal data?
Where it is legally required, or necessary for another reason allowed under data protection law, we may share personal information about you with:
- The UK Department for Education
- Our regulators (for example: ACCET, Ofsted, British Council, UK or UK immigration bodies)
- Suppliers and service providers – to enable them to provide the service we have contracted them for, such as payroll and surveys
- Financial organisations
- Our auditors
- Health and social welfare organisations
- Professional advisers and consultants
- Police forces, courts, tribunals
- Professional bodies
Sometimes, we may also use your personal information where:
- You have given us permission to use it in a certain way
- We need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interest)
5. Your rights
Under certain circumstances, you, the data subject, may have the following rights:
- Right of access: you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Right of rectification: you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing: where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing
- Right of portability: you may have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Right to object: you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling
Some of these rights may not apply where we are legally obliged to keep or share your personal data.
In certain circumstances, you may have additional rights beyond those above. Further information is contained in our full Data Protection Policy: www.kingseducation.com/GDPR/policies
If you want to exercise your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer. (See Section 9: Contact us for details).
6. Storing your personal information
We will keep personal information about you while you are an active agent. We may also keep it after you become inactive, where the law or industry guidance requires us to:
- We create and maintain records for each agent. The information contained in these records is kept secure and is only used for purposes directly relevant to your position as an agent for Kings Education
- Once your time as an agent with us has ended, we will retain this file and delete the information in it in accordance with our Data Retention Policy available at www.kingseducation.com/GDPR/policies
- Your personal information may be stored and processed outside of the country where it is collected, including outside of the European Economic Area
- When transferring information to others, within the EEA or otherwise, we ensure that appropriate and suitable safeguards and technical measures are in place to protect your personal data
- If you have provided us with personal data as part of a provisional application to be an agent, but do not go on to become an active agent, we will remove the data after 12 months in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
7. How long do we keep your data?
We will keep personal information about you while you are acting as an agent for Kings. We may also keep it after you have ceased to represent Kings, where the law requires us to:
- We have a Data Retention policy, which sets out how long we must keep information. This can viewed on our policies page.
We take any complaints about how we collect and use your personal data very seriously, so please let us know if you think we have done something wrong.
You can make a complaint at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer. (See Section 9: Contact us for details).
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in one of the ways listed below. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
- Report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Telephone: +44 (0) 303 123 1113
- Or write to:
Information Commissioner’s Office
9. Contact us
If you have any questions, concerns or would like more information about anything mentioned in this privacy notice, please contact our Data Protection Officer
Kings Data Protection Officer
58, Braidley Road
Tel: +44 (0) 7843 044384
Our full Data Protection Policy can be viewed on our website at: