Reporting to: Head of English, Stephen Pilton
Type of contract: Casual, July – August 2019
The EFL Teacher delivers English Language lessons to groups of international students at Kings Brighton, a busy college. Kings empowers international students to achieve their fullest ambitions, whether developing English skills for life or graduating from British or American universities. At Kings, students always come first.
Duties and responsibilities
- To teach English Language courses to groups of student at levels ranging from Beginner to Advanced, as directed, using up-to-date teaching methodologies and approaches; to reflect systematically on the effectiveness of lessons and approaches to teaching.
- To plan, prepare and deliver well-structured lessons appropriate to the students’ age, nationalities, levels and needs; to differentiate appropriately and respond to the strengths and needs of all students
- To prepare weekly progress tests and complete weekly progress reports to monitor student progress
- To set, mark and assess students' course work, homework and other assignments as appropriate
- To write student progress and end-of-course reports as required
- To plan out-of-class educational visits and activities as appropriate to consolidate and extend the knowledge and understanding students have acquired
- To attend regular meetings for planning, co-ordination and development purposes, as directed
- To maintain a professional demeanour at all times within the college, helping to create a positive working environment for both students and staff alike
- To implement the Kings Behaviour and Discipline policy
- To adhere to all statutory regulations and to Kings policies and procedures
- To adhere to the processes and procedures detailed in the Teachers’ Manual and to the Kings Education Teachers’ Standards
- To work collaboratively with other members of teaching or administrative staff
- To maintain high standards in your own attendance and punctuality
- To undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as required
Please Note: These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.
Kings is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- CELTA or equivalent qualification
- DELTA or equivalent qualification
- FCE, CAE, or IELTS experience
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV and a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)