Location: Kings Brighton
Reports to: Chef Manager
Type of contract: Permanent/full-time
Hours of work: 44 hours over a 7 day week
Anticipated start date: 23/08/19
A member of the kitchen team; working closely with and reporting to the Chef Manager and Assistant Chef in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals within the college cafeteria. The role will have responsibility for the till and cash handling and will provide cover for the assistant chef where required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To provide an excellent service to our students at all time
- To be responsible for transactions on the till (cashless system in place)
- To ensure the back and front of house catering areas are maintained to the highest levels of cleanliness and safety at all times
- Ensure cleaning schedules are maintained in the kitchen, including washing kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls.
- Ensuring chefs are equipped with the food and tools they need.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of food. Catering assistants may be expected to peel, trim or wash food so it is ready to be cooked.
- Ensure the food safety of pupils with special diets
- Loading and unloading the dishwasher
- Serving food to our students and assist as required at special functions
- Restocking counters and vending machines
- Washing up
- Report immediately any machinery reports to the Chef Manager
- Co-operate with the employer on all issues relating health, safety and welfare
- Undertake other work as may be requested by the Chef Manager or Assistant Chef
We reserve the right to introduce changes in line with technological developments which may impact upon your job duties or methods of working.
This role meets the requirements in respect of exempted questions under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check from the Criminal Records Bureau before the appointment is confirmed. This will included details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Varied catering background
- Excellent oral, listening and written communication skills
- Pro active, self organized innovative and flexible
- Good written and spoken English
- Motivated team player
- Ability to cope with crisis, remain calm in pressured situations and make decisions
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Good time management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work unsociable hours
- Committed and responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young adults
- Excellent customer care skills
- Basic/Intermediate certificate in Food Hygiene or willingness to work towards it
How to apply
To apply for this position please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made by: 17/08/19
Interviews will commence: 18/08/19
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (including confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.