Alongside the help that you will receive from the faculty of the university partner, you will have dedicated support from staff at our Center on campus.
Our on-campus team are in place to help you settle in to life at university, and to help you become a “stand out” student. Ultimately, to help you win a place at your dream school.
- Help to choose courses and majors
- Guided independent learning
- Help with academic writing skills and time management
- Podcasts about the US education system
Personal university counseling
- Five one-to-one advising sessions with specialist Progression Advisors
- Support in deciding your dream school
- Help getting letters of recommendation
- Help to compile a strong application and personal statement
Unique “Profile Builder” program
- Help to develop interview skills and techniques
- Advice on writing a great personal statement
- Guidance and advice about community and volunteering activities
- Help to maximize scholarship opportunities
From Kings Life
Pathways Advisor Chris Bock shares some tips on how to ensure the best chance of success when applying to US universities.
Supplementary online learning
- Free use of ClassMate, a bespoke supplementary online learning resource.
- Integrated English language practice and skills development
- Available from pre-arrival, during first year and three months afterwards
Regular personal assessment
- Ongoing tests and assessments
- Detailed feedback from teachers
- Regular meetings with Kings advising staff
- Regular exam practice
Personal care and support
- Dedicated on-campus Advising center
- Support in adapting to American culture and the American education system
- Support with any housing issues on campus
From Kings Life
Giovanna Zeloni Rinaldo from Brazil explains how Kings helped her with the transfer process, and with acclimatizing to life at a US university. She has recently enrolled at the University of Miami (ranked 51), having completed the Campus Plus program at Marymount California University