With Kings, your choice of university is not limited. Instead, you have the widest available choice of quality UK institutions.
Choosing the right UK university is one of the most important decisions in life. Studying with Kings means you only make this decision when you are properly equipped to do so. It’s a complex process which needs careful thought, planning and guidance.
You’ll benefit from our rigorous and comprehensive University Application Programme, specially created by Kings’ expert university counsellors to ensure you make exactly the right choice.
Kings University Fairs
To help our A-level and Foundation students make the most informed choice about the university they will go to after our programme, we organise University Fairs in each of our colleges.
This is a fantastic opportunity for students to meet representatives of UK universities face-to-face.
We invite a selection of universities and for a whole day, students can sit with representatives of each university, discuss degree options, ask questions and generally understand if what the university offers is a good fit for the student's ability and aspirations.
Among universities attending our fairs in the past years are University of Sheffield, University of Sussex, Aston University, University of Brighton, City University, University of East Anglia, University of Kent, Kingston University, Nottingham Trent University, University of Reading.
Feedback from the university representatives is that events run smoothly and the students are well prepared.
This is what the University of Brighton representative, Jessica D'Onofrio, said about a fair she attended last year:
"It was a pleasure to meet the students at the Kings fair. They were well prepared and members of staff were on hand to guide the students in the right direction. I look forward to welcoming Kings students to the University of Brighton next year."
From Kings Life
Kings London’s recent university fair was attended by 16 of the UK’s top universities.
University Application Programme
The Kings University Application Programme runs throughout the year, in parallel with your main academic course.
It is carefully designed, personalised programme which progressively builds your knowledge and experience about the university options available to you, and ensures you take the right application steps at the right time.
You’ll have constant access to our expert university counsellors, who will guide you every step of the way.
Included in the Programme:
1. A general introduction to UK universities
2. Help to identify your academic strengths, interests and objectives for degree-level study
3. Guidance in researching suitable universities and courses
4. Attendance at Kings University Fairs (twice per year)
5. Organised visits to attend University Open Days
6. Help to establish if you are an Oxbridge or Medical School candidate
7. Help with UCAS application procedure
8. Assistance to ensure that applications are completed on time - whether UCAS, Oxbridge, LNAT (Law), BMAT/UKCAT (Medicine)
9. Advice on writing your Personal Statement
10. Help with finding relevant work experience
11. Support in gaining relevant extracurricular experience
12. Preparation for taking the IELTS exam
13. Provision of suitable academic references for you
14. Guidance on interview techniques through practice sessions
15. Help to review your offers and advice on the best options