Master's in Business Leadership
The Master of Science in Business Leadership program empowers students to become dynamic leaders in both the private and nonprofit sectors. The program teaches leadership, decision-making, communication, finance and entrepreneurial skills needed to become an ethical business leader. The curriculum’s focus is on business specializations that develop transferable skills sought in today’s global organizations.
- iBT 80, IELTS 6.5 or GPP 4 (16/6.5 section minimum)
- GPA 2.6
- Bachelor’s degree credential evaluation (transcripts and certificate if available)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Résumé and personal statement
- College transcript
- GRE required if GPA is under 3.0
The program is designed to teach students the skills needed to lead people for positions in profit and not-for-profit enterprises, international organizations, and government agencies.
The program’s mission is to produce graduates with the business knowledge, experience, and leadership skills to engage in effective problem-solving and ethical decision-making, to grow in their chosen careers and participate effectively in the community around them.
Students work individually and in groups on challenging projects to apply traditional and emerging business leadership concepts. Executives, management professionals, seasoned instructors, and business mentors will provide insight and share experiences from the corner office.
The curriculum culminates with the completion of a research project or business plan presented to a panel of faculty members and experienced business executives for evaluation.
- Understand and articulate significant concepts relating to the study of leadership in business organizations
- Recognize and analyze various techniques of communication within an organization
- Understand/integrate the tools and techniques of Leadership to deal with current business issues, including innovation/change, entrepreneurship, ethics, social responsibility, corporate governance and globalization
- Demonstrate problem-solving and critical thinking about the application of leadership theory
- Leadership of Entrepreneurial/Innovative Business Organizations (3 credits)
- Non-Profit and Public Leadership and Management (3 credits)
- International Leadership (3 credits)
- Effective Decision Making and Communication (3 credits)
- Risk Management Dimensions of Leadership (3 credits)
- Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility (3 credits)
- Executive Leadership and Strategic Management (3 credits)
- Managerial Finance (3 credits)
- Global Cultures and Business Practices (3 credits)
- Research Seminars I, II & III (1 credit each)
- Capstone Seminar (3 credits)
Bachelor’s degree credential evaluation
A credential evaluation is the process that determines the equivalency of foreign degrees and/or experience with education in the US.
We can provide this service to any Kings students who require it.
Additional Master's programs at Concordia
Other Master’s degrees at Concordia College include:
- M.S. in Early Childhood Special Education
- M.S. in Childhood Special Education
Please contact us for more information.