The Intensive Academic Summer Programme is delivered at Downside School during the summer. It can provide the ideal taster for the main Boarding School Preparation Programme. 27 hours of lessons per week combine English with academic subjects, plus excursions and evening activities.
Students have 12 hours of academic taster sessions in subjects such as Science, Maths and Geography, introducing how these are taught in UK boarding schools.
What is included
- 15 hours of English + 12 hours of academic subject teaching per week
- Full-board residential accommodation
- Welcome party and orientation
- Placement test and regular progress tests
- 24-hour supervision from trained staff
- Full programme of evening activities per week
- Full-day excursions each Tuesday and Wednesday
- One half-day excursion
- Weekly laundry
- End-of-course certificate