All students enrolled at the International Study Centre at Downside School will require a UK based guardian.
A UK based guardian provides an essential role, acting ‘in loco parentis’ for younger children and complementing the pastoral support services delivered on campus at the International Study Centre.
Kings can recommend a specialist UK based guardianship organisation, whose main services will be included within the overall fees. Should parents choose an alternative UK based guardianship organisation, the relevant fees will be deducted
Services provided by the recommended UK-based guardian
- Pre-arrival legal documentation and information, including assistance with uniform purchase.
- Airport arrival transfers, escort through customs and initial settling in.
- Emergency assistance for unexpected events, for example illness, cancelled flights or suspension
- Regular contact and visits to the child on campus to check progress with teachers; to attend Parents Evenings; and to deal with any welfare issues
- Responsibility for arranging suitable host family accommodation during holidays, or exeat weekends
- Departure transfers with escort directly to the aircraft.
A separate Expenses Deposit will be charged to cover the costs of:
- Arrival and departure transfers
- Host family accommodation during holiday times
- Other excursions in addition to those included in the Programme
Accredited Guardianship Services
Kings only works with guardianship organisations which have been accredited by The Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students (AEGIS). For more information go to aegisuk.net.
AEGIS is the authoritative association for inspecting and accrediting UK Guardianship organisations in accordance with a strict code of practice and UK child care legislation.