Location: Kings Oxford
Reporting to: Principal
Salary: £26,000 – £28,000 (dependent on experience)
Type of contract: Full time, permanent
Anticipated start date: August 2017 or before
The post of Marketing Officer is a key instrumental role, involved in all varieties of marketing and networking with our intentional connections.
Acting as the first point of contact for Kings Oxford enquiries, you will be, along with the Student Services Manager, managing all school site parent and agent visits, promoting the school courses and facilities offered.
Liaising, negotiating and preparing quotes, working with the Student Services Manager and Central Sales Department, Regional Managers, Directors and the Admissions Team.
During the summer school periods, you will be acting as Summer Centre Manager and coordinating the different aspects and staff involved. You will ensure that all courses run smoothly and that all international groups have a rewarding and memorable time while they are with us.
Energy, passion and humour are essential, along with a good work ethic and reliability. You will be creative and approachable and have the ability to use your initiative, be able to work to strict deadlines and provide the highest level of customer service at all times.
Duties and responsibilities
- Act as single point of contact for regional sales staff and respond promptly to all types of enquiries within 24 hours
- Deal with queries, always finding 'same day' answers and solutions to issues
- Manage Kings Oxford direct enquiries (walk-ins, phone, parent query, on-line/web enquiries) for UK academic students liaise with the Academic team to assist with individual needs
- Maintain an up-to date knowledge and understanding of current brochure information and train local colleagues
- Work closely with Registrars to start the process of enrolment for direct applications
- Counsel/advise students/agents towards appropriate Kings Centres, when required
- Preparing year round group quotations in conjunction with regional sales staff
Marketing/ Agent relationships
- Conduct, meet and greet for parent, student and agent visits, following Kings protocol
- Meet with local agents regularly according to UK Regional Manager plans
Upselling/ Course Training/ Monitoring enrolments
- Ensure upselling procedures are rigorously implemented and that students are tracked to help upgrade into academic courses from EFL, or, from Intensive Summer Academic courses to the range of pre-University courses at Kings Oxford
- Keep Kings Oxford Principal continuously informed of market trends, issues, key accounts etc.
- Continuously devise ways to improve speed and quality of service from college to agents (professional, motivational visits and follow up, regular communication)
- Working with the Student Services Manager to ensure the appropriate training and support of frontline staff, so that they can confidently advise on courses
Kings Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
Professional/ formal experience
- Marketing qualification to degree level or the equivalent in experience
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Excellent presentation skills and energy to sell our service with enthusiasm and confidence
- Committed work ethic and reliability
- To be creative and approachable, using initiative and working to strict deadlines
- To be a 'Team Player' and able to support and maximise people's strengths
Desirable attributes include:
- Extra dimension of passion, humour and commitment
How to apply
To apply for this position or to request further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made by: 5pm on Friday 7 July 2017
Interviews will commence: As soon as application has been received and considered
Successful appointment will be dependent upon:
- Enhanced DBS check (including photo ID check)
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Satisfactory references (inc. confirmation of no child safeguarding concerns)
Kings is an Equal Opportunities employer and we adhere to the principles of equal opportunity in all aspects of our recruitment process.
It is Kings Education's policy not to communicate further with applicants other than those who are shortlisted for a position.